POSITION: GRAPHIC & MULTIMEDIA DESIGNER
Abovo, a Fargo-based marketing and advertising agency, is seeking a Graphic Multimedia Designer to work with our close-knit team in our Downtown Fargo office. The successful candidate will be skilled and trained primarily in graphic design with additional skills or experiences in other areas which may or may not include: Photography, web design, videography, account management, animation, copy writing and event management/coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide graphic and/or multimedia design support to the client’s requirement
- Attend meetings with clients to prepare the design or meet client requirements based on meeting briefs and notes
- Create visual solutions through the use of specialized and latest technologies
- Brainstorm and mock-up design ideas with cross functional team (including artists, web developers, animators, programmers, etc.)
- Present the framework design/s to the client with description of the idea meant to be communicated
- Make necessary changes in line with the client’s demand and the project objectives
- Be flexible to make changes as required by the client or individual project objectives
- Proofread and check the quality of the graphic work before they go for final printing
- Complete the project successfully through independent as well as team effort
- Complete project based on the given deadline and budget
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Knowledge and skills in graphic and multimedia design and layout
- Ability to present ideas and solutions through effective communication
- Excellent in working independently with skills and abilities to work within a small team
- Responsible, with the ability to meet deadlines
- A strong visual and creative sense
- Ability to provide original work
- Capacity to handle more than one project simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge of computer and various software tools
- Confident and smart to deal with the clients
- Strong technical aptitude to learn new software and hardware
- Ability to pay attention to details and be well organized
- Knowledge of the industry and new technologies
A graphic & multimedia designer should be proficient in Abode Creative Suite, within WordPress and other graphic applications. Knowledge of other programs and platforms such as Microsoft suite, Java, CSS, film or video Editing. Skills in Abode Creative Suite combined with expert-level skills in another area of marketing/design/content creation will give a boost to the credentials of the applicant.
Abovo values skills, experiences and values more than formal education. There is not a minimum qualification for this role. All candidates will be considered. The successful applicant might have a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in multimedia and graphic designing or the related field like computer science, film making, web development, graphic and media design.
The successful candidate will earn between $30,000-$45,000 per year. The salary structure will be dependent upon the experience and skills of the candidate. Our team members predictably work anywhere from 40-50 hours per week; however, project deadlines and/or client projects may require more. Additionally, travel for your job may be required.
Benefits offered will include: 1. Availability of a health insurance stipend; 2. Unlimited “one-day” paid vacation days; 3. 10-days of consecutive paid vacation; 4. The ability to work from home/remote when needed and/or appropriate; 5. A strong team cultured grounded in honesty, transparency and hard work.
What does Abovo do?
Abovo is a branding and marketing team. We specialize in social media management, logo design, printed material, web design and creating written content.
Many of the clients we have view us as extensions of their team. We work with them closely. Our work allows them to focus on their business and makes them more efficient.
At the core of things, we view our work as beginning until end. We don’t believe in sales marketing, but rather, relational marketing.
Sometimes not selling anything, sells everything.
Abovo Mission Statement:
We give the best versions of ourselves. For us, that means showing
kindness, respect towards new ideas, and valuing people.
We are curious.
We are problem solvers.
We are creators.
By crafting quality designs and exceeding expectations, we strive to
build trust and meaningful relationships. This is what makes us proud.
Abovo Core Values: